Nelly Furtado | "The Sun Daily" Interview

'I exercise for myself'

Nelly Furtado no longer hits the gym just to look her best for other people, but for her own health.
The 'Big Hoops (Bigger The Better)' singer used to hit the gym because she felt she needed to look her best on photoshoots, but after spending four years on a "journey" with herself, she is now more confident she works out for the right reasons.
She said: "Over the past four years I've been on something of a journey about my body. I used to be like lots of people in the business, 'I need to go on the treadmill for the next photoshoot'.
"No, you need to train your body for the health of your heart, for flexibility, for your bones, your blood, our nerves, your cells. Not how you look. Working out for aesthetic purposes seems, so..."
Canadian Nelly has also learnt to eat correctly, and does not confuse food with "love".
She added: "I mean, you've got to learn to eat for the right reasons. To eat for nourishment. Not to confuse eating with love, as many families do. Not to eat because you don't drink, don't smoke, don't have any vices."
Previous
Next Post »
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment