Nelly Furtado | Showbiz Interview

Young musicians make her feel old



In the midst of working on her latest album The Spirit Indestructible, Canadian singer Nelly Furtado was reminded that she's well into her 30s.
The reminder came wrapped in a compliment from collaborator Michael Angelakos, the frontman of US electropop band Passion Pit.
"He was on his keyboards and he turned around and said, 'Whoa, Nelly! (Furtado's first album in 2000) was my favourite album when I was 10 years old'," she told The New Paper over the phone from Taipei, where she performs tonight ahead of her showcase here on Tuesday.
Angelakos, who helped write and produce the song Circles on The Spirit Indestructible, which is due out next month, is about a decade younger than 33-year-old Furtado.
How did it make her feel?
"Old!" she said with a laugh.
"But it made me feel like a veteran too. And the trend keeps on repeating itself. I keep meeting other artistes who'll tell me that they remember going to my concerts when they were really young."
Read more HERE
Previous
Next Post »
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment