Nelly Furtado: I felt Princess Diana’s spirit at 2007 concert


Nelly Furtado never got to meet Princess Diana in the flesh, but she may have experienced the next best thing.
On the day of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee, the Canadian "Maneater" singer revealed she once sensed Princess Diana's presence when she performed at the 2007 Concert for Diana in London.
"I'll never forget it. I felt like her spirit was there," Furtado told CTV's Canada AM on Tuesday.
The 33-year-old songstress was personally invited by Princess Di's sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, to play at the Wembley Stadium concert honouring their mother.
Furtado said she grew up respecting the royal traditions in her hometown of Victoria, B.C.
"We looked up to Princess Diana and the Queen," she told Canada AM.
Furtado has finally returned to the spotlight after taking a six-year break to raise her daughter, 8-year-old Nevis Chetan Furtado, with husband Demacio Castellon.
"Before I had a family, I was like a leaf floating down a river," she said. "Now I have to be an example for my daughter."
Furtado's fifth album, "The Spirit Indestructible," hits shelves in September.

Previous
Next Post »
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment