Nelly Furtado: "I'd Love To Work With Jessie J, Robyn And Ellie Goulding"

The 'I'm Like A Bird' singer admits she is pleased to see so many strong female artists dominating the charts.

Nelly Furtado has confessed that she would love to work with 'Domino' star Jessie J in the future and highlighted Marina And The Diamonds, Robyn and Ellie Goulding as singers she loves.

It's been six years since the singer released her last English album, the 2006 'Loose' and in that time such stars as Rihanna, Adele and Katy Perry have dominated the scene – something with Nelly is pleased with.

Asked if she had great admiration for the singer's, the 'Maneater' star told Capitalfm.com: "Yeh, for sure. Women have come a long way I think. Yeh, there's so many artists I can't keep up – I love listening to all of them.

"I'm really into Marina And The Diamonds right now, I like her sound a lot. I love a lot of British acts," she continued. "Jessie J – I was just watching one of her videos this morning. There's some mega talent coming out of the UK especially."

When posed with the question of if she would team up with Jessie, she added: "I'd love to personally. Actually somebody who I'd love to collaborate with is Robyn from Sweden. I think she's fabulous and I also really really am a big fan of Ellie Goulding.

"So, the list goes on and on," she added.

Meanwhile, the 'Promiscuous' singer took to the stage at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards 2012 performing on the same night as the likes of The Wanted, Chris Brown and Katy Perry.

Nelly's new single 'Big Hoops (Bigger The Better)' is released in the UK on 3rd June.


Previous
Next Post »
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment