Nelly Furtado: 'I Literally Want To Quit Music After Every Album!'



The star often thinks about quitting the music industry to write a book...

'I'm Like A Bird' singer Nelly Furtado has revealed that she often thinks about quitting the music industry and writing a book instead. The star has said that she often thinks about swapping the stage for the library and returning to university to concentrate on her love of writing.

Nelly told Popjustice: "It's scary at times. I literally want to quit after every album. "After every single album that I've made, I go through this six-month period where I think I want to go back to university and write a book. It happens every time, but then I just get on with it and make another album and go through this rebirth process, I guess."

Nelly is set to release her new album 'The Spirit Indestructible' next month and has said that ever since her 2006 hit 'Loose' LP, her label has wanted immediate follow-ups.

She added "After I put out Loose and the tour, there were two ways to look at it. I could either just kinda wait and do it like I usually do in an organic way until that wave of inspiration hits me, which is probably a little bit old school but that's the way I like to work."

"I don't like that assembly line approach to making music. But then the other thing was, maybe I should just be putting something out right away. But I talked about it with my tour manager and we thought, 'Nah, why wreck the flow?'."

Meanwhile, the singer has also recently unveiled behind-the-scenes photos from her new video 'Big Hoops (The Bigger The Better). The photos show the 'Maneater' singer filming at various locations around Downtown LA, in moody black and white shots.

She's also wearing conveniently 'big hoops'. Shocker!


Previous
Next Post »
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment